Wintergreen Resort Features ‘Labor Day Spectacular’ with Array of
Family Activities, Festivals
WINTERGREEN, Va. (Aug. 17, 2011) — If Labor Day represents the final significant summer weekend for families, then parents and kids couldn’t go out with more mountaintop fun than what Wintergreen Resort has on tap for the holiday.
Not only will the children appreciate the array of kid-centric activities scheduled, but mom and dad also will smile when they see what the resort’s Labor Day Spectacular has in store.
Labor Day weekend festivities kick off Friday night, Sept. 2, with a bonfire at Discovery Ridge and live entertainment at The Edge. Mix in an international wine festival, an arts-and-crafts show, scenic chairlift rides, and a live concert with an international flair, all capped by a day at Monocan Lake ... and it’s clear the entire family will know they celebrated Labor Day weekend in spectacular style.
Here’s a closer look at the highlights for Labor Day Spectacular:
Friday night (Sept. 2)
- Bonfire at Discovery Ridge
- Live Entertainment at The Edge overlooking the Blue Ridge Mountains
Saturday (Sept. 3)
- Arts & Crafts Showcase at the Blue Ridge Terrace Courtyard
- Music on the Blue Ridge Terrace
- Scenic Chairlift Rides
- International Wine Festival at the Evans Center
- WPI Member’s Wine Tasting at The Gristmill
- Movie Night - under the stars at Ridgely’s Fun Park
- Live Entertainment at The Edge
Sunday (Sept. 4)
- Interdenominational Worship Service at the Lookout Building
- Arts & Crafts Showcase at the Blue Ridge Terrace
- International Music Festival on the Blue Ridge Terrace
- Scenic Chairlift Rides
- Block Party for Kids Build-A-Bear, Tie-Die T-Shirt, Face Painting & More!
Monday (Sept. 5)
- Day at Monocan Lake with blindfold beach relay, swim/climb challenge, blindfold sand wedge chipping and a Hula Hoop contest (11 a.m. to 3 p.m.).
To secure lodging reservations for Labor Day Spectacular at Wintergreen Resort, visit www.wintergreenresort.com or call (800) 266-2444.
# # #
About Wintergreen Resort: Wintergreen Resort is an 11,000-acre, four-season resort located atop the Blue Ridge Mountains southwest of Charlottesville, Va. This beautiful hideaway is the ultimate vacation and conference spot, nearly 300 condominium-style accommodations; 45 holes of championship golf; snow skiing, snowboarding and snow tubing; an award-winning tennis program; a full-service, destination spa; 40,000 square feet of meeting and event space; and savory dining options. The resort is located adjacent to the Blue Ridge Parkway in beautiful central Virginia near Charlottesville, just 90 minutes from Richmond, Va., three hours from Washington, D.C. and Raleigh, N.C., five and a half hours from Philadelphia, and eight hours from Atlanta. For more information, guests can call (434) 325-2200 or visit the resort’s web site at www.wintergreenresort.com.
Hunter Public Relations-East