Martina Cook (middle), Lake Monocan Life Guard, is honored after saving a life. The award was presented by Jami Becker, Lake Monocan Supervisor, and Hank Thiess, General Manager.
Recognition at Wintergreen Resort
Wintergreen strives to hire the right people; however, that’s only half the battle. We realize that employees have a variety of other employment options in this region, so it’s important that we inspire them to stick around.
With that in mind, here are some of the programs we use to recognize associates.
- Memory Masters, elite individuals who live and model our values on a daily basis, are chosen monthly. They are rewarded with a signed certificate from Hank Thiess, General Manager, a $100 gift certificate to their store of choice, an extra day off with pay, and a preferred parking spot.
- Manager of the Quarter awards are given to select managers based on their success in leading by example and inspiring others around them. Along with a signed certificate from our GM, they receive a check for $250 and an extra paid day off; the trick is getting them to use the extra day off.
- Promotions are an important part of our recognition programs, and most managers at Wintergreen are promoted from within the organization.
- Years of Service Awards recognize those loyal associates who have completed full-time employment in five-year increments starting from the fifth year.
- Pay for Performance is a critical component of recognizing top talent. Through performance reviews and observations, Wintergreen identifies those who perform at the highest levels and rewards them with more career opportunities and compensation.
- Associate Parties provide an opportunity for associates and their families to play games, eat, relax, win prizes, and just have fun.
Vice President, Mountain Operations
Vice President, Food & Beverage
Jay and Lynn started their careers at Wintergreen Resort as part-time seasonal associates in their respective areas. Due to their hard work, dedication, knowledge of our resort, and leadership abilities, both were promoted into their current roles.
Associate Summer Party 2011
Our theme was Tropical!