2012-2013 Season Information
This page is for students who love the outdoors - even in winter!
Student Ski & Ride Passes
This year you can choose a pass that best fits you - the Season Pass or the 4-Pack Pass. Both passes offer the following benefits:
- Valid Daily: Opening Day through December 25, 2012 and March 4, 2013 to the end of the season.
- Valid Sunday (after 12:30 pm ) through Friday Night: January 1-March 3, 2013, non-holiday*.
- Passholders save $15 off the purchase of a lift ticket during times when passes are not valid.
- Bring a "Never-Ever Friend" any Monday through Friday to learn to ski or snowboard and they'll save 20% on the Guaranteed Learn to Ski/ride Package.
- Enjoy savings of up to 50% off lift tickets at other Mountains of distinction resorts. 50% midweek lift tickets at the following resorts: Jay Peak - VT, Okemo Mountain - VT, Wachusett Ski Area - MA, Holiday Valley - NY, Ski Windham - NY, Ski Liberty - PA, Ski Roundtop - PA, Whitetail - PA, Crystal Mountain - MI, Bristol Mountain - NY, Mt. Sunapee - NH, Seven Springs - PA, Shawnee Peak - ME, Jiminy Peak - MA. Crested Butte - CO offers 25% off daily lift tickets plus a 4% admission tax for full, unrestricted season passholders. Just present your valid Wintergreen pass at guest services to take advantage of this unique benefit. Call the resort you are planning on visiting to verify their terms and conditions. Valid for Ski & Ride Season Pass and Student Season Pass only.
*Holidays: December 26, 2012-January 1, 2013; January 19-21, 2013; February 16-18, 2013
For information, please call our Ski Services Office, 434-325-8165.
Four-Pack Student Pass
A pass for four days of fun at Wintergreen! Here's how it works: purchase your 4-Pack Student Pass for just $159. Each time you come to Wintergreen, present your card at the ticket window and you'll get one lift ticket. Then have a great time on the slopes. Repeat on another day!
- Four one-day lift tickets (1 per day)
- Pays for itself in three visits
Student Season Pass
Perfect for the students who want to enjoy skiing or snowboarding for the entire season. Remember, Every Day can be a Snowday!
- Early Season Student: $209
- After December 2, 2012: $249
Rental Pass Rates
Early Season: $179
After December 2, 2012: $189
Winter 2012-13 College/University Academy Program
Wintergreen Resort offers an exciting opportunity for students at local colleges and universities to enjoy outdoor adventure and physical fitness in a beautiful setting. The Wintergreen Snowsports College Academy is a 5 week program for students of all abilities - from beginner to advanced – to improve and develop their ski and snowboard skills.
Friendly, qualified instructors and coaches are trained to make the learning process informative and fun. Skill development is improved by having consistent coaches and instructors over the entire five week course.
During the first session we will:
- Evaluate individual skills
- Organize into small groups of equal abilities
- Introduce through demonstration and explanation the skills that will be learned
- Goal setting exercises
Each week Coaches will evaluate students and come up with lesson plans to help groups meet their goals. Coaches will also keep written evaluations and participation records. We are working with universities to offer this program as credited courses.
The program includes:
- Five 1.25 hour on snow sessions
- Rental equipment pass that includes boots, skis and poles or snowboard and a helmet. The rental pass allows the individual to use rental equipment anytime midweek or after 12:30 pm on Sundays (except Holidays).
- A season pass that not only allows for lift access during your session but for any other time you want to practice your skills midweek or after 12:30 pm on Sundays (except Holidays).
The special price for college and university students is $319
If you have your own equipment the price is reduced to $249
The normal retail price for all the program includes would be $578 a $259 value
The program begins Tuesday, January 18, 2013 and the lessons are offered at the following times:
- 2:30 pm-4 pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays, or
- 5:30 pm-7 pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays
The lessons run consecutively over the next five weeks on the same days and times.
All sessions are group formats and must be scheduled in advance.
For more information please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Additionally the Academy program is currently used by multiple colleges and universities as a PE credited course. If your particular institution does not offer the academy as a credited class we can help you make this happen. Send an email to the above address for information and support in making this a possibility.
Wintergreen Ski and Snowboard Club/Race Team
Wintergreen offers our slopes as the home base for your Ski and Snowboard club, Race team or both. We can provide lessons, coaching, private slope space and training courses. We can help your club or race team succeed by offering group discounted season passes. Experience the thrill of competing against other colleges and universities on a ski/snowboard racing or freestyle ski/snowboarding team. Events are held at local ski areas in Virginia, West Virginia and North Carolina against most major Division 1 schools in the southeast. Wintergreen can help you start a team, club or combined effort and offer training/lessons and support once your team is formed. Also available for teams/clubs are season passes at a discounted rate for midweek training purposes. Contact Chris Shepard @ 434-325-8282 for more information.
Learn to Ski or Ride
If you want to learn to ski or ride, or if you want to ski or ride BETTER, Wintergreen’s instructors get high marks. From group lessons, to private instruction, Wintergreen will help you reach your goals. For first time skiers or riders, we suggest our Guaranteed Learn to Ski or Ride program.
Wintergreen has great rates for groups of 20 or more. Plan an outing for your frat or sorority, your favorite club or 19 of your best friends – and you’ll save. Click here for details.
After classes or on your off day, escape to the mountain and spend the day, the afternoon or the night on the slopes.
- Starts January 2, 2013
- Offered on Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday
- Only $47 for lift ticket and equipment rental
- Upgrade to Extended Session ticket for an additional $10
- Add Group Beginner Lesson for $18
- Tubing for just $10 per session
- Must present your student ID card
For our local friends, special days with extra special rates!
- December 10-12, 2012
- January 7-9, 2013 and
- March 4-6, 2013
For residents of Charlottesville, Waynesboro, Staunton, Lynchburg and the counties of Nelson, Albemarle, Augusta, Appomattox and Amherst. If your college is in one of these areas, just bring your Student ID, even if you're from out of state!
- $47 for lift and rental, any session
- Upgrade to all-session ticket for an additional $10
- Add Group Beginner Lesson for $18
- Tubing for just $10 on Tuesday or Wednesday for same time periods
- Must present valid ID with residency in these areas, or Student ID for a college in these areas
Dates to Remember
November 23 - Ski Patrol Annual Equipment Swap - great deals on used equipment
December 8 - Projected Ski & Ride Opening (Call 434-325-2100 for slope report)
March 15-17, 2013 - Slide & Splash Bash Weekend
It's our end of season party at Wintergreen. The Terrain Park is expanded to include all of Dobie. Plus who doesn't want to miss the pond skimming? The Park Party is on Saturday and Pond Skimming on Sunday.
Freestyle Demo Days
Check out the latest equipment.
December 30-31, January 14-15, February 18-19
Double Cross with Freestyle!
The double cross is a race where four competitors at a time race through a specially designed progression park. First and second places advance to the next heat. Each heat is divided by age, male/female, ski and snowboard. There are prizes for the top three finishers in each group. The points are tallied for overall winners throughout the season's events.
January 19-20, February 16-17
Wintergreen Women's & Men's Clinic
Four consecutive Fridays of clinics geared for women and men (separate clinics) who want to improve their skiing and riding skills. Sign up for one, or all four. The clinics are from 9:30 am-2:30 pm. Lunch is included!
January 25, February 1, 8, 15