Tennis Academies, Clinics & Lessons
Play Hard. Win Easy.
Whether you are an advanced beginner, intermediate or advanced player, The Wintergreen Tennis Academy has programs specially tailored to improve your game. Some of the skills that you will acquire include: doubles positioning and movement, mental toughness
techniques, communication, racquet skills, and aggressive play such as poaching and the "I" formation. We guarantee you will have FUN! Find out
what past participants are saying about the Wintergreen Tennis Academy!
All academies include free outdoor court time, discounted indoor court time, 20% discount in the pro shop, free use of our demo racquets and an academy souvenir. The Wintergreen Tennis Academy approach to instruction is built upon:
- Knowing every player has a unique game
- Knowing every player learns differently
- Knowing every player has their own goals
- Knowing hard work and discipline are required for success
Academy Discounts - Wintergreen offers our new and returning Academy participants various discounts. Discounts cannot be combined.
- Academy participants will receive a 20% discount on the Daily Lodging Rate (excluding holidays). Call 800-266-2444.
- Club members receive a 20% discount and their accompanied guests are eligible for a 10% discount
- All past Academy participants receive a 10% discount
- Bring 11 friends and the 12th person is free
For registration or more information on any of our programs, please call 434-325-8235.
Winter/Spring Stroke & Strategy Academy
This comprehensive program emphasizes simplicity, strategy, court positioning, footwork, and mental toughness with a low student to teacher ratio. All levels will benefit from this program which includes: video analysis if requested,
snacks, academy souvenir, merchandise discount, unlimited outdoor court time, and unlimited use of the ball machine. Bring your own group and customize the academy to your needs! Great for USTA teams.
- $285 per person (weekends, 8 hours group instruction, 35% discount on indoor court time/ball machine)
For registration or more information, please call 434-325-8235.
Winter Session Times
- Friday 3-6 pm, Saturday 2-5 pm, and Sunday 9-11 am
Winter/Spring Session Dates
- January 5-7
- January 12-14
- January 19-21
- January 26-28
- February 2-4
- February 9-11
- February 16-18
- February 23-25
- March 2-4
- March 9-11
- March 16-18
- March 23-25
- March 30-April 1
- April 6-8
- April 13-15
- April 20-22
- April 27-29
Build Your Own Mid-Week Tennis Academy
It's your game -- you decide. Bring a friend and build your own academy!
- Minimum 2 participants
- Minimum 3 hours
- $27.5 per person, per hour of instruction
- 20% off Daily Lodging Rate
- Available every month except July and August
- Not available during holiday weeks such as Thanksgiving and Christmas
For registration or more information, please call 434-325-8235.
Nike Tennis Camps
Designed for all level of players ages 7-18 from beginner to advanced. Beginners will have the opportunity to learn the “Sport of a Lifetime”, while intermediate and advanced players will focus on technical and tactical improvement.
Look for specific Tournament Training programs which focus on advanced drills, intensive physical training and lots of match play with an emphasis on shot selection, mental toughness, and winning strategies.
- Skill Development
- Emotional & Mental Training
- Individualized Instruction
- Team Competition
- Footwork, Fitness, and Agility Training
- Supervised match play
- Camp T-shirt
- Day: $595
- Extended Day: $695
- Overnight: $995
2018 Nike Tennis Camps
- June 10-14 (Overnight, Extended Day & Day)
- June 24-28 (Overnight, Extended Day & Day)
- July 8-12 (Overnight, Extended Day & Day)
- July 22-July 26 (Day Only)
- August 5-9 (Overnight, Extended Day & Day)
Click to Register
Junior Tennis & Golf Camp
4 days of fun and learning!
- Held weekly during the summer, Monday through Thursday
- Tennis instruction by a USPTA or PTR Professional
- Golf instruction by a PGA Professional
- Small Student to Teacher Ratio
- Learn rules and etiquette
- Develop eye/hand coordination, fitness, and agility
- Improve tennis stroke production and court movement through fun games and drills
- Golf skills instruction covering putting, pitching, and bunker play
- 9-11 Tennis
- 11-12:30 Pool/Lunch
- 12:30-2:30 Golf
- Lunch included
$329 for all week or $89 daily
|2018 Junior Camps
July 30 - August 2
** Denotes Tennis Only Camp
*Denotes Golf Only Camp
Please contact our tennis staff to book your Junior Tennis/Golf Camp at (434) 325-8345 or emails us at
After School Junior Tennis at Stoney Creek
Developing Players Through Fun and Competition!
This after school program is designed for children who have never played tennis as well as those with prior experience.
Through instruction and fun games, both classes are designed to teach children the game of tennis in a relaxed atmosphere. Beginner players will learn the fundamentals of tennis, including the proper swinging motion for ground strokes,
volleys, overheads and serves. More experienced players will review and improve upon basic strokes, as well as focusing on strategy during match play.
- Session 1: April 23-May 16, 2018
- Mondays and Wednesdays; younger players: 4-5 pm, older players: 5-6 pm
- $120 per player for 8 classes, or $20 per class
- Will accept children even if they can only attend some of the session. Call for details.
- If a class is canceled due to rain, the make-up session will be held the following Monday.
Sign your child up now to learn the Sport of a Lifetime! Please call Wintergreen Tennis at 434-325-8345 to get your child registered for these fun and invigorating classes.
Clinics & Lessons
Schedule of clinics may vary depending on time of year. See
This Week At Wintergreen for a listing of available clinics and times. Many clinics sell out and therefore registration in advance is
highly recommended. To register or for more information on any of our programs, please call 434-325-8235.
- Private Lessons ($80/$70)
Private lessons are available at your convenience.
- Advanced Workout (4.0 players and higher - $40)
This 90 minute class is for adults and tournament level juniors who want to experience a college style workout. Through a combination of pro fed, “live ball”, and competitive
drills, your court movement, shot selection, concentration, and fitness will elevate to a higher level.
- Drills for Skills ($25)
One hour of cutting edge drills designed to improve your stroke production and competitive ability - themed after the Stroke of the Day.
- Cardio Tennis ($25)
Looking for an opportunity to improve your aerobic fitness? This is it!!! One hour of heart pumping activity designed for beginner and advanced players. Drills are designed to promote improved stroke
production, speed, and agility, while constantly keeping your heart rate at an elevated but comfortable level. Personal heart rate monitors are recommended if you have one.
- Matchplay Madness ($40)
This 90 minute clinic offers 3.0 players and above the opportunity to work on the strategic parts of their game. Wintergreen's tennis staff will coach and/or join you in singles or doubles matchplay.
Court positioning, strategy, and the mental side of the game are the focus of this session.
- Junior Clinic ($25)
Juniors (ages 7-14) will focus on stroke production, court movement, and fun games in this 1 hour session.
- Mighty Mites ($22)
Children (ages 4-6) will learn the FUNdamentals of tracking, eye hand coordination, and basic tennis skills with a low teacher/student ratio.