Devils Knob Central Virginia Golf Course
When Ellis Maples designed this 18 hole gem, the highest golf course in Virginia, his challenge was to enhance its stunning Blue Ridge Mountain setting. Sitting at an elevation of over 3,800 feet, players at this member and resort guest exclusive course leave Devils Knob remembering narrow fairways, speedy greens and unsurpassed vistas. Typically 12-18 degrees cooler even than its sister golf course, Stoney Creek, Devils Knob provides Virginia's coolest playing conditions throughout the summer and the most dramatic mountain foliage backdrop throughout the fall. If you are searching for a true mountain golf challenge, Devils Knob golf course is a "must play."
Click here for an article on how Ellis and Dan Maples developed the Devils Knob Golf Course.
Take a Hole-By-Hole Tour of Devils Knob!
For tee times, course conditions, events and more information, call 434-325-8250
|Golf Course Yardages
Golf Course Characteristics
- At 3,850 feet, the highest course in the State of Virginia
- Access is only available to members, guests and registered resort guests
- 50-mile views of the Shenandoah and Rockfish valleys
- Surprisingly level mountaintop terrain
- Pleasant 70-85 degree temperatures throughout the spring and summer
- Spacious 16,585 square foot clubhouse, featuring pro shop with top-of-the-line merchandise, locker room, fine dining and snack shop