Wintergreen Resort hosts a number of fabulous events throughout the year featuring live music, local breweries and wineries, craft shows, fireworks, and more! Our event weekends are very popular, so book your accommodations early.
You may also be interested in:
April brings spring to the mountain!
- Callaway Demo Day at Stoney Creek Golf Course, April 1, 9 am-4 pm
- Rockfish Wildlife Sanctuary & What To Do When You Find Injured Or Orphaned Wildlife, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, April 8
- Easter Celebration, April 14-16
An Easter Eggstravaganza full of egg decorating, cookie decorating, crafts, peep roast, peep diorama contest, Easter Bonnet Parade and Egg Hunt. Plus, you won’t want to miss the Easter Brunch Buffet at The Copper Mine Bistro.
- Walk to The Wreckage, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, April 15, 10 am
- Journey to High Places Hike, April 20, 9 am
- Frogs and Whip-Poor-Will Walk, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, April 22
Join Doug Coleman for a night field trip to the future site of Nelson County’s newest attraction, Sturt Park. After dinner at the Lovingston Café, we will proceed to the park to follow the night chorus as we take a leisurely walk along the park’s remote gravel
- In Search of the Islands of Virginia's Wild Flowers, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, April 28
Join wildflower enthusiast, Jay Shaner for another Wild(flower) Ride in pursuit of Virginia's glorious wild flora. From bottom to gorge, we'll romp through Central Augusta County in and around the George Washington National Forest. We will break for a
leisurely lunch in Verona then go back out in the field. Bring money for lunch, snacks and water. Key highlights of this trip include Braley Pond, a 4.5-acre impoundment constructed in 1965 by the U.S. Forest Service as a recreation pond; Dividing Ridge Trail, in search of the elusive yellow lady slipper and North River for
large-whorled pogonia. $20/Member, $25/Non-member
- Owner Orientation, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, 1 pm
Spring continues on the mountain with lots of great activities and events!
- The Wintergreen Ascent - May 6
Ride the road of champions and follow in the path of cycling great Greg LeMond who climbed the Wintergreen mountain during the Tour DuPont. This race is a USA Cycling, Inc. sanctioned time trial.
- Derby Day, Wintergreen Performing Arts, May 6
- Journey to High Places Hike, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, May 11
- Mother's Day Weekend - May 12-14
Celebrate Mom! Treat her to a weekend of pampering at Wintergreen. Visit the Spa at Wintergreen and don’t forget the Mother's Day Brunch. No cooking for Mom this weekend!
- Mother's Day Plant Sale at The Greenhouse - The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, May 13, 10 am-3 pm
The Greenhouse is
located one half-mile west of The Ski Barn on Beech Grove Road (Route 664).
- Locating The Lady's Slippers, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, May 17
- Spring Wildflower Symposium, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, May 19-21
Experience The Blue Ridge in all its springtime glory! Hikes, lectures and hands-on demonstrations.
- Spring Wildflower Symposium Plant Sale at Trillium House, The Nature Foundation at Wintergreen, May 20-21
- Memorial Day Weekend, May 26-29
We welcome summer with a fun-filled weekend in the mountains. On Saturday, Blues & Brews is the theme with music being the highlight. We’ll top it off with a micro-brew festival, blues music, an arts & craft fair, block party, 2nd Annual Tread and Trail Series part 1 (3 part
series) will feature Cliffhanger Mountain Bike Race and Trail Run. Crafters:
Craft Show Application Form
- Callaway Demo Days at Devils Knob Golf Course, May 27-28, 9 am-4 pm
As the summer heats up, stay cool at Wintergreen! It is not uncommon to experience temperatures 12 to 15 degrees lower than Charlottesville and more than 18 degrees lower than experienced on the same day in Richmond, Washington D.C. and Raleigh/Durham/Chapel Hill.
- Father's Day Weekend, June 16-18, 2017
This Father’s Day start a new tradition and celebrate this special holiday at Wintergreen Resort. We will have all kinds of family fun planned. Treat Dad to a day of rest and rejuvenation with one of our Spa treatments, just for the guys.
- 4th of July Jubilee, June 30-July 4
It’s a birthday party and we’re celebrating the red, white and blue! We’ll have music, a block party, movie under the stars, chairlift rides, games for the entire family and of course, FIREWORKS! See the mountain light up on Monday, July 3rd. Craft fair
will take place Saturday, Sunday and Monday.
- Wintergreen Summer Music Festival, Wintergreen Performing Arts, July 8-August 6
- Blue Ridge Mountain Music Fest, Wintergreen Performing Arts, August 12
The Virginia Piedmont is known for its beauty, its history, its crystal clear streams and hardwood forests, but it is also the home of a rich musical tradition. Drawing on a Scots-Irish heritage, the Blue Ridge settlers created what we now call old time, bluegrass and Americana music. Join us to enjoy this uniquely American sound when Wintergreen Performing Arts will present its 12th Annual Blue Ridge Mountain Music Fest.
The days and nights will start to cool off, letting us know that another spectacular fall is beginning!
- Summer's End Festival, September 1-4
Wintergreen’s Labor Day Spectacular features the Summers End Festival, featuring top level regional live music, 151 breweries and wineries, Arts & Craft show. The second part of the Tread and Trail Series featuring a Mountain Bike Race and Trail Run. Bring the entire family for an end of the