Mountain Message Blog
Tuesday, June 30, 2015
July 4th Tips
Let the festivities begin! Here are some tips to make your July 4th Jubilee at Wintergreen successful.
- There is no admission fee.
- Bring a sweater for the evening, mountain temps are cooler.
- Come up earlier in the day and enjoy the activities. Early arrival gives you a better opportunity to find the perfect parking place. Also we may have to close the gate due to capacity. Last year it closed around 8 pm.
- Live music starts at 11 am and goes until the fireworks start. Outdoor from the Dunlop Pavilion enjoy Hunter Wolfe, Blue Country, NT Band and Walrus. The Edge will feature Bryan Elijah Smith & The Wildhearts from 9:30 am-midnight.
- Outside alcohol is not permitted due to ABC licensing. Coolers will be checked and outside alcohol will be confiscated.
- A nice selection of beer, wine, refreshments and food will be for sale.
- Picnicking is permitted, but be sure to check out the food court offering all your summer favorites.
- Fireworks start at 9:30 pm. The best place to see the sky light up is below the Blue Ridge Terrace on the grassy hill.
- Avoid the mass exodus after the fireworks, stick around for the final special performance from Walrus.
Rain or shine we’ll be here. Come join the fun!
Last Edited by The Mountain Messenger on Wednesday, July 01, 2015